Thursday, June 19, 2014

Well, today I have to talk about why I am studying my career, anthropology. I have to admit that take this decision and choose anthropology over all the careers was very difficult to me because I wanted to study a lot of different professions, but not too different from each other, I always loved the social sciences so between my options were law and psychology, but finally I decided for anthropology, because I realize  that this career cover many different disciplines. Besides, I loved the idea of finding different types of materials wich later I could give them a meaning in the history.
I think the work of anthropologists in the society is very important because they can prove that all the different cultures are equally important, so we have to valorate all the different ethnic groups as well as value the patrimony and the heritage of our ancestors. 
My favourite subject is archaeology, although until the moment we only have seen an introduction of this discipline, I love how we can know to many things abouth a culture with a minimum of rest, like with a tiny pollen grains we can date a huge archaeological site. Anthropology I is my other favorite subject, I enjoy very much to read the ethnographys and the texts for the class.

1 comment:

  1. Anthropology seems very fun! And I think that is important too.

    ReplyDelete